Configure Code Backup
Choose website from domain dropdown in topbar, for which backup has to be configured. Use side menu or top bar menu to access configure backup page as shown in the below image.
Configure backup page: In this example, we will configure backup on website running FTP protocol, which is the most widely used for CPanel installations.
In configure backup page step 1, do the following:- * FTP Protocol: Most vendors offer FTPS, which is the default backup protocol. If your vendor supports SSH, then choose SFTP from dropdown. * FTP Hostname: Enter your FTP server hostname * FTP port: If you are using non standard ssh port, then mention port number here. Default ports for FTP/FTPS is 21, and for SFTP is 22. * Click on Next button to move to next step
In configure backup page step 2, do the following:-
- FTP Web directory: Most CPanel installation uses /public_html as document root, where web files are stored. You can choose between /html, /www and /public_html
- FTP Login User name: Enter your FTP username used for login
- FTP Login Password: Enter your FTP password
- Click on Verify FTP Details button to confirm if the credentials are working successfully
- Click on Next button to move to next step
Troubleshooting credential validation
If you are unable to verify your login credentials, then troubleshooting by doing the following:-
- Check if username and password is correctly entered.
- Check if you have entered the right hostname in step 1. Try using the IP address, instead of FTP server hostname.
- Check if you have entered the right FTP protocol. Note: SFTP means SSH.
- Check if your hosting provider is running FTP service on a different port
- Check if your service provider is firewalling connections or blocked the IP address of storage node. In case it is blocked, request provider to whitelist the IP address.
- If nothing works, then contact support
Here are the following options:-
- Ignore file name pattern : Exclude filenames having/containing text. Multiple entries can be mentioned with comma separated values. For example to exclude log files .log can be used to exclude backing up log files.
- Ignore directory name pattern : Exclude directory names containing text as in textbox. Multiple entries can be mentioned with comma separated values.
- MySQL over PHPS : This option is presented here for database backup, incase of auto add database and the database backup has to be done over https. More details can be found here